[Ardour-Users] Ardour systematically crashes on plugin

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Dec 4 11:14:04 PST 2015

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 10:36:12 +0100
Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net> wrote:

> that said, jonetsu, since this seems to be nicely reproducible, do
> you know how to obtain a backtrace of the crash?
>
> http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour.html
>
> i don't recall which platform you're on, but if it's linux, the
> process is pretty straightforward.

It looked earlier today that it would not be possible to do since it
was working fine as I reported.  Since then I closed Ardour and went on
doing stuff with Bitwig and playing a tutorial video on vlc.  Later on
I restarted Ardour, loaded the same session, double-clicked on the
RVB500 that was still plugged on the track and boom, crash.  One time
it works, the other it doesn't.

Attached is the gdb output as per the instructions.  Let me know if
anything else is needed, as I do have some spare time now.