[Ardour-Users] MIDI editing: vertical grid ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Aug 26 16:33:09 PDT 2015

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:04:46 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Unless you deselected View > Show Measures there is always a vertical
> grid marking the bars and beats.

Thanks.  For a first time use of MIDI within Ardour, I find it quite
nice !

The MIDI track is still linked to the external synth.  In my simple way
of seeing things, at one point in time, later, I would add an audio
track then play the session and record the external synth into that
audio track.  Same with any other MIDI tracks on other channels the
session might have by that time.  A new audio track for each MIDI
sound. Is the VU meter of the MIDI track showing the velocity of the
MIDI notes ?  When doing an export of a MIDI track, what is the
resulting format of the binary file ?

Cheers.