[Ardour-Users] High number of crashes

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Tue Aug 25 15:03:29 PDT 2015

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:18:59 +0200
"Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller" <axel-mueller-74 at web.de> wrote:

> You as a user can thoroughly test the plugins you want to use and
> report any problems to the upstream developers. Robin menitioned a few
> tools you could use to do so.

But... I want to make music.  I do SW development as a living.  When I
want to make music, and this might sound shortsighted and corny, I
want to make music, not SW.

> I do that for a few plugins I am interested in. But regarding CALF I
> have to say: I find them lacking quality in so may ways, that I don't
> even bother and stopped using them at all. Basically every time one of
> those plugins catches my interest I find it to not work the way I
> would expect, so... I really don't get why so many people seem to
> like them - must be because of their shiny GUIs or so. *shrugs*

Oh, they look nice.

This begs a question, naturally: which plugins do you use ?

I'm interested in sound transformations, and not only balancing for
natural sounds of instruments.

Cheers.