[Ardour-Users] Destructive punch in/out

Lukas Pirl ardour at lukas-pirl.de
Mon Aug 24 18:47:40 PDT 2015

On 08/25/2015 01:38 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> Is it possible to have destructive punch in/out ?  It seems to be more
> of a hassle to have done punch in/out, then to split the underlying
> track in order to get rid of the segment that was overlaid by the
> operation.  Wouldn't it be simpler to replace that area in the first
> place ?

You could put your track in non-layered mode, I think (via right click
on the track (where all the buttons are) -> record mode).

If you want a true destructive mode, you could also chose tape mode.

I'd guess it is not always desired to work destructively - especially
for those that did not experience the true analog world ever (like me) -
there has to be the safety net of undoing stuff :)

Best,

Lukas