[Ardour-Users] Using the Redux VST

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Aug 28 17:29:03 PDT 2015

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 20:11:02 -0400
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> I have copied the Redux files in /usr/lib/lxvst/Redux/ which makes it
> possible to load Redux as an Ardour plugin.  The VU meter on Redux
> shows activity when the keyboard keys are pressed but, there's no
> sound.  This is the first time I ever use a plugin that makes sounds,
> instead of processing sounds.  How is the audio connected, and is it
> the same connection that will allow it to be recorded ?

Even Ardour's VU are moving.  But still no sound. There are 23 Redux
outputs shown in Ardour.  In tracks and busses I have chosen the first
two 'Redux out' as inputs for that track.  As outputs for that track,
'Redux out' is connected to system's playback 1 and 2 and 'Bus
Master'.  Still no sound.  Puzzling.