[Ardour-Users] sounds

Owen Alanzo Hogarth gurenchan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 12:54:22 PDT 2015

Hi guys

I've been reading the ardour manual as well as watching the tutorials on
this page: http://community.ardour.org/community#videos

This was an awesome tutorial about some cool ardour features for connecting
to real midi devices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS2xEp0mDt8

My question, in the second half of this video where this guy brings in some
loops and starts playing with them.

I've started making sounds with ardours built in midi keyboard. I have an
idea for a baseline, kicks, high hats and a melody worked out but it sounds
very meh at the moment.

I mean it's the general melody and stuff like that but now I want to make
the sounds my way. This is the part that I don't currently understand.

Let's take for example this track by G. Moroder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0k99hCY5I

those strings, the rattly things, I don't know how to describe all the
sounds but is he using some type of vst for that? I don't want to rip his
sound, just know how to take the skeletal that I laid down and change the
sounds to bring life to it. G. Moroder is a major reason why I want to make
music btw, him and the electronic music from 80's cartoons, shows, etc.

So for the next phase of my progress, i'd get some VST for those types of
sounds, random cross fade noise, etc?