[Ardour-Users] High number of crashes

Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller axel-mueller-74 at web.de
Tue Aug 25 06:18:59 PDT 2015

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 23:18:38 -0400
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 23:02:45 -0400
> Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:
>
> > As Paul mentions elsewhere in the thread, "the entire concept of
> > plugins is really a very disturbing one."  Some work better than
> > others.
>
> Yes, but something has to be done about this situation.  As I've
> described in the reply to Paul, a "plug-in certification" status could
> be made which would mean that the plug-ins 1) support of testing mode
> in which real-time aspects are not a concern 2) supports hooks so they
> can be tested by the certifying framework.

You as a user can thoroughly test the plugins you want to use and
report any problems to the upstream developers. Robin menitioned a few
tools you could use to do so.

I do that for a few plugins I am interested in. But regarding CALF I
have to say: I find them lacking quality in so may ways, that I don't
even bother and stopped using them at all. Basically every time one of
those plugins catches my interest I find it to not work the way I would
expect, so... I really don't get why so many people seem to like them -
must be because of their shiny GUIs or so. *shrugs*