[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.0 released

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Apr 19 15:38:28 PDT 2015

On 04/19/2015 03:22 AM, ©raig ®au wrote:
> Congrats!
>
> I knew becoming a subscriber would pay off...  Woot!
>
> I currently have 20 some songs in the works in Ardour 3...  Should I finish
> them in 3 or will they work fine in 4?

Ardour is backwards compatible: Ardour 4 will load A3 sessions. (the
opposite is not always true - make a backup just in case).

Give Ardour4 a try I think you'll find that you'll want to finish it
there (Ardour3 and 4 can be installed in parallel).

Note however that there are subtle differences e.g. x-fades and fader
automation had bugs in A3, as did Aux-send panning, depending on your
workflow you may or may not notice a difference. If you've already
progressed past the mixing (working around A3 bugs by ear) and into the
mastering stage do a listening-test.

There were so many bugs in 3.5.403, but it's impossible to say if
they're relevant to the project in question.

ciao,
robin