[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.0 rc3

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Apr 11 07:45:22 PDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 4:43 PM, JoergSorge <joergsorge at kom-in.de> wrote:

> A few questions:
> It was not possible to implement automatic crossfades by overlapping two
> regions? Or haven't I found the setting?

A crossfade is automatically created. But since the early releases of
Ardour 3.x, the crossfade does NOT span the overlap area. Nothing has
changed in 4.x about this.

> When I have some regions on a track.
> Is it possible to have each right region one layer under the left
> region? By standard, each right region is over the left region layered.

We removed layering options quite a long time ago because of the complexity
and headaches that they caused users. The current model is very simple:
later-is-higher. You can manually change this for specific regions, but you
can't change the basic model.