[Ardour-Users] NRPNs - got it.

Will J Godfrey WillGodfrey at musically.me.uk
Wed Apr 22 08:38:50 PDT 2015

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:37:40 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Interpolation is an option. Right click on the track header and you can
> turn it off.

OK that fixed it, thanks.

Why have you set interpolation as the default? Even if I'd been aware of the
possibility, I would not have expected that.

It seems that at the start of the track Ardour is setting both NRPN bytes to
zero. This means any hardware that responds to them may now start looking for
data values. My understanding is that both these should be left at 0x7f until
actually needed then returned to that value when finished with.

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.