[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.0 released

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Apr 20 05:12:02 PDT 2015

> From: "Robin Gareus" <robin at gareus.org>
> Date: 04/19/15 18:38

> There were so many bugs in 3.5.403, but it's impossible to say if
> they're relevant to the project in question.

I recently reported that the Calf Envelope Filter systematically crash 3.5.403. I tried it with the 4 release and well, Ardour4 does not crash and the plugin can be used.  I have compiled the plugins from git and did not recompile after trying them in 3.5.403.  They are the very same plugins.  In that case it seemingly was not a bug on Calf's part.

I did a quick sketch in Ardour4 and it feels excellent.  Thanks to Paul and all the team !!

The track record buttons, when active, could possibly stand out more.  Currently only the thin lines of the shape of the button becomes red.  Making it standing out more would give a better feedback.  Like lighting the whole button maybe. I already re-recorded over tracks by not seeing they were still record-enabled.

Cheers.