[Ardour-Users] ardour 4 ladspa plugins, os x

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Sat Apr 18 02:46:30 PDT 2015

hi all,

just bought/downloaded/installed ardour 4 on my os x (yosemite) machine
and everything's running smoothly - very pleased to have fully
functioning new ardour versions back on mac! i've been (happily) working
with 2.8.16 until now.

one thing i noticed though: ardour 4 is not seeing any of my LADSPA
plugins, only the AU ones. are they not compatible, or do i need to do
something to get them working? i see this in the manual:

" Unless you're a particularly technical computer user, building and
installing plugins in the LV2 (or LADSPA) format is probably not
something worth planning on. Ardour releases for OS X ship with a
collection of many LADSPA plugins, some of which are very useful and
some of which are outright buggy.

Most of the plugins you are likely to use on OS X will be in Apple's
AudioUnit format. These have their own installation process that tends
to just work."

this may be the case, but there are a few LADSPA plugins (like the 3
band parametric EQ) that i'm now quite accustomed to working with in
2.8.16.

all my plugins are in -/Library/Audio/Plugins. i tried copying then into
-/Users/[Home]/Library/Audio/Plugins  and into the Plugins folder in the
ardour 4 package contents as well, but to no avail. pointers?

best,
patrick

--

|||  http://www.murmerings.com |||