[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.0 rc3

Niko Efthymiou nefthy at nefthy.de
Sat Apr 11 08:28:51 PDT 2015

On 11.04.2015 16:52, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
> I just checked this. As I thought, things have not changed since
> Ardour 3.5.403, but clearly we need a more nuanced model here. Some
> combination of most-recently-touched and later-is-higher.

I dislike the idea of changing the layering order without explicit user
action like move layer to top/bottom/up/down, as would be the case with
most-recently-touched. Accidentally messing up the layering can cause
havoc, especially with overdub/punch-in scenarios, with many similar
layers laying on top of each other.

A command to restore the default order for a track would be nice thing
though.

Niko