[Ardour-Users] Compile from git fails on Ubuntu Studio 14.04

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Apr 9 05:27:26 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-09 01:35, Dave Phillips wrote:
> On 04/08/2015 05:26 PM, Brett McCoy wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 4:59 PM, David Santamauro
>> <david.santamauro at gmail.com <mailto:david.santamauro at gmail.com>>
>> wrote:
>>

>>     On Apr 8, 2015, at 4:52 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
>>
>>     > Greetings,
>>     >
>>     > FWIW, I have to specify --no-jack-metadata when building from
>>     git sources on Fedora 19 x86_64, with Planet CCRMA support.
>>     >

>>     same here F20 stock ...

The first version of the jack2 metadata header had a typo. It was fixed
over a year ago, but many
distribution still ship it.

There is no way to autodetect the jack-header version, so ardour just
assumes you have a proper
jack setup and users who use br0ken distros need to add
--no-jack-metadata.

Jackd2 currently has implementation for metadata anyway so nothing is
lost.

ciao,
robin