[Ardour-Users] MIDI program change

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Nov 21 11:33:01 PST 2014

I'm still very new to working with ardour so it's quite possible I've missed
something and this is noise!

When I import a MIDI file that contains a mixture of bank and program changes,
program changes only seem to work correctly if they are preceded by a bank
change. If I don't do that Ardour seems to decide to send a bank change to bank
0, which then means the right program number is selected but from the wrong
bank.

I don't know of any other sequencer that does this, and hardware and softsyths
that I have used all seem to be happy to use whatever bank was last selected
for future program changes.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk