[Ardour-Users] Ardour and Axiom 25

oli_kester oli_kester at zoho.com
Sun May 18 05:57:39 PDT 2014

Thanks for this Jim, will save me a precious few seconds when starting up a2jmidid after jack!

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:12:57 -0400
From: Jim Priest <priest at thecrumb.com>
To: "jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>
Cc: ardour-users at lists.ardour.org
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] Ardour and Axiom 25

I just went through this with my AkaiMPK 25 and Paul helped me with this
link:
http://www.manual.ardour.org/setting-up-your-system/setting-up-midi/midi-on-linux/

Big thing was enabling a2jmidid within QJackCTL.

Simply adding a2jmidid -e to the startup didn't work for me - someone on
IRC helped me with a script.

startup.sh
# force a2jmidid to sleep a bit before qjackctl tries
# to start it the trailing & forces a2jmidid into
# the background so a console window isn't open
# sleep 3s && a2jmidid -e &

Then in my QJackCTL - execute script after startup I have
'/home/jim/Audio/scripts/startup.sh'
And in On Shutdown I have 'killall a2jmidid'

Once I did that I was able to map sliders/knobs to Ardour controls.

And I think there is a map available for the Axiom already:
https://community.ardour.org/ardour_midi_binding_maps

Good luck! It's pretty nice once you get it working!
Jim