[Ardour-Users] Ardour

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed May 14 05:59:41 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Pete Crite <hypocrite at lawyer.com> wrote:

>  Thanks to you both. Reconnecting via the Audio/MIDI Setup dialog worked
> perfectly.
>
> If I didn't get software from my distro in general, then I'd likely rarely
> upgrade! Presumably there's no Ubuntu PPA for newer versions? Also, I tried
> to donate, but couldn't find an obvious link on the website…

I do not provide support for Ardour built by distributions. Several of them
have a history of mangling the build and causing problems for users. The
binary bundle from ardour.org will run on any version  of Linux and can be
parallel installed with both the distribution-provided version and
older/newer versions from ardour.org.

> One other question, is there a "universal" shortcut for play/stop? For
> example, I might be changing plugin settings, and want to manually repeat a
> certain part of the song. However, spacebar is captured by the plugin
> window. I'm aware of loop play, but sometimes I prefer the ease of manually
> starting and stopping.

The plugin window should never capture the space bar unless the "keyboard
focus" icon/button in the upper right of the plugin window is
clicked/active.