[Ardour-Users] Ardour

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue May 13 05:50:27 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes at gmail.com>wrote:

> Have not tried this since ardour 2, but it implies that the connection
> between ardour and jack has been lost.
>
> You could try reconnecting ardour to jack (I believe there is a menu
> option to do this), or even restarting jack first if it doesn't work on its
> own.

The reconnect is in the Audio/MIDI Setup dialog these days.

The inability to save state has been removed in the cairocanvas branch
which is where the next non-bugfix release of Ardour will occur from.

Note that .308 is old already (our last release was .357) and I will be
releasing a very important "hotfix" .378 today or tomorrow.

You are better off getting Ardour from ardour.org than from your distro.
But then I would say that, wouldn't I? :)