[Ardour-Users] (no subject)

Jim Priest priest at thecrumb.com
Mon May 5 12:57:52 PDT 2014

Been tinkering with Linux on and off over the years and finally made the
switch and am now trying to get some audio/DAW setup. Previously I've used
Cakewalk and Reaper on Windows so am familiar with the basics.

I've got recording working in Ardour - both with a mic through my audio
interface and MIDI via my controller (Akai MPk 25)

I was trying to map some knobs/buttons on my controller to Ardour controls
and am stuck...

I have enabled the Generic MIDI option and can middle+click any control and
am told to move the control on my keyboard - but nothing happens.

I tried following this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS2xEp0mDt8

Around the 1:45 mark he opens Jack and 'connects' his keyboard to Ardour.

When I open Jack / Ardour and this "Connect" window - my keyboard shows up
on the left - but I don't see Ardour as an option in this "Connections"
dialog on the right?

I'm on Ubuntu Studio 14, the latest Ardour and using QjackCtl 0.3.10.

Thanks!
Jim