[Ardour-Users] Ardour3 video and stop motion animation

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Mar 1 11:06:23 PST 2014

On 03/01/2014 07:55 PM, Carlo Ascani wrote:

>> http://manual.ardour.org/video-timeline/
>>
> Oh nice!
> I am trying to follow this: http://manual.ardour.org/video-timeline/operations/
>
> I realized a video in Blender wich is 7 FPS, exported as .ogv
> When I open it in A3, it warns me with:
> [WARNING]: Video file's framerate is not equal to Ardour session
> timecode's framerate: '7' vs '59.9401'

There's  Session > Properties > Sync > Use Video Files's FPS instead of
Ardour Timecode.

> The problem is that the "Window -> Video Monitor" keeps disabled.

that's not related to fps.

> What am I missing ?

Probably xjadeo (or rather xjremote, xjadeo's remote-control tool that
comes with xjadeo). It needs to be in $PATH for Ardour3 to find it.

However, there should be a message in Window > Log if it's not found. Is
there?

HTH,
robin

PS. did you check out http://linuxstopmotion.org/ (might be easier to