[Ardour-Users] help on OSC with ardour3

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:09:58 PDT 2014

Hi, I'm trying to understand how to control ardour 3.5.380 by OSC
messages. Most of it is clear, however I don't understand the generic
format for menu actions. For example,

oscsend localhost 3189 /ardour/access_actions s "Common/toggle-editor-mixer"

doesn't open the mixer... That's the format I thought to understand
from the manual here (section "Menu Actions"):

http://manual.ardour.org/using-control-surfaces/controlling-ardour-with-osc/

Have I interpreted it wrong? What would be the corrent oscsend format?

BTW here's the relevant line from "ardour -b"
Action: 'Toggle Editor+Mixer' bound to 'Alt+M' Path: '<Actions>/Common/toggle-editor-mixer'

kind regards,
renato