[Ardour-Users] Unregular crashes and Ardour stops with memory access error

Tim ardour at linux-daw.org
Mon Jun 2 15:53:05 PDT 2014

Hey guys,

I really don't know where to look any further.
I'm using Ardour on Arch Linux x64 and it randomly crashes. I started it from shell and every time I see a message that says that it hits a memory access error.
I checked my governor, limits.conf, etc. and everything seems fine.

My machine is a HP xw8600 with two Xeon 5420 and 8GB RAM. Harddisks are SAS drives with 15k.
I tried different kernels all with threadirqs parameter. My RME HDSP9652 has its own irq.
Jack is Version 1.9.9.5 and Ardour 3.5.378.
I also have a lot oft xruns and I cannot determine why.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tim
-------
Thanks for Ardour!