[Ardour-Users] So many lost midi files

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:06:18 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Vincenzo Ciancia <vincenzoml at gmail.com> wrote:

> In case someone misunderstands me, I still think ardour is the best
> daw I ever seen in terms of professional functionality, and once I'm sure I will
> not lose any more files, I will return to it, if I don't get used to
> another operating system in the meantime, and whatever other daw I
> use, I will make backups. Silly me for procrastinating this.

At the very least, being able to export the MIDI into an external file
for archival purposes would be really helpful. I don't think I've
experienced the MIDI file loss issue since upgrading to the latest
version of Ardour3 (I was hitting it a lot before), but I have heard
some people are still hitting it.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com