[Ardour-Users] No sound from my speakers

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Jul 13 08:22:42 PDT 2014

Le dimanche, 13 Juillet 2014 10:38:31 +0200,
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> a écrit :

> The thread is "No sound from my speakers".
>
> Which of all the recommended distros will solve the OPs issue, assumed
> the OP made a mistake using Ardour?

The problem with this, is that before jumping to suggest anything, let
alone a different OS altogether, the current way of doing things must
be known in detail.  I might be wrong (and I'm not revisiting the
thread to check it out) but it seems that people started to throw many
various (wild ? :) suggestions at the sketched problem w/o actually
asking how the OP actually connected things, which kind of audio card
he uses, how he heard the usb keyboard, and such.

I'm not in customer support but I do hear many crazy things from time
to time.  Never assuming anything is a good way to start solving things.
It can turn out that it is a simple solution w/o the need to install a
new OS, learn Python (or Perl !), subscribe to the kernel mailing list,

Cheers.