[Ardour-Users] No sound from my speakers

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Jul 11 15:51:34 PDT 2014

Le vendredi, 11 Juillet 2014 15:45:30 -0700,
"Aaron L." <elmastero74 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have a feeling that German just hasn't connected the right things
> together in jack.

That's the idea behind seeing how it is connected now.  Or was.  For
all there could be, I could play piano without listening to it and see
that it actually records in Ardour. Really.  Everything's possible.
No, I do not work in customer support :)

> Perhaps 'Catia' would help?  Works for me anyway.
>
> http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Applications:Catia
>
> You still have to manually connect stuff together but it's a nicer UI
> and seems more intuitive than the default jack UI.

Hmmm... qjackctl (I don't think jackd itself has a UI) is quite
straightforward.  No, it does not support themes and such but still
quite good.  This said, I mostly use Ardour itself to connect things
to tracks.  Nice UI, Ardour. :)

I have the impression (don't quote me) that kxstudio components work
together.  I don't know how one component fares if taken out of
kxstudio context.

Cheers.