[Ardour-Users] Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed. No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature

will cunningham willpanther at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 17:24:58 PST 2014

To close this off on a friendlier note, while I disagree with you about
where the line is for USB mics and pro quality, we can agree to disagree.
They have REALLY come a long way, and would be  a great way for someone to
get started with Ardour3 to just plug into your computer and start getting
used to the let's call it the Ardour way.  They don't pop and sputter like
they used to, or at least the ones the work well with Linux don't-:)

The issue here was the level of complexity of the multiple USB mics and
where that cutoff would be for our coders to spend time on now.  For my
friend doing presentations, he had bought this horrible little  USB mic you
hook on your lapel and didn't know it was the mic that kept popping, not
the software.  This Samson USB mic is actually overkill for his needs, and
we found an easier app for him to use because he has no other audio
creating interests.

For someone entering the digital audio realm, plugging a single decent USB
mic into a laptop without dealing with sound card issues and going to town
playing with features of Ardour3, or doing something like a presentation to
get familiar with Ardour3 creates a low barrier of entry, and that's a good
thing.

Will