[Ardour-Users] Ardour with multiple cheap (USB) audio interfaces.

Marco Bertorello marco at bertorello.ns0.it
Mon Jan 13 02:01:59 PST 2014

2014/1/12 Peter Nelson <peter at fuzzle.org>:
> On Sat, 2014-01-11 at 22:02 +0100, Marco Bertorello wrote:
>> a little gui for this is quite simple.
>>
>> Say hallo to Jigi (Jack Interfaces Graphical Interface) :P
>>
>> It use just zenity and commands explained in this mail.
>>
>> Just run launch jackd and then jigi.
>>
>> You can select multiple soundcard at once
>
> Your method of detecting which soundcard jackd is using, and excluding

Hi Peter,
I thinks you are right, it's not very elegant. I hope you can suggest
me a better way to do this task.

> that from the list, is very fragile. Also, there are cards with multiple
> devices which isn't going to work.

What do you mean? I usually work with a Lexicon Omega that seems to be
listed twice in aplay output. When I add it to Jack, only one of the
card listed by aplay can be used at time (the other one seems to be in
use and is not added). Is this the scenario you are speaking about?

Thanks a lot and best regards

--
Marco Bertorello
System Administrator

"prima di sgomberarci sgombratevi il cervello
noi siamo la comunità toglietevi il cappello"