[Ardour-Users] Undo please

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue Jan 7 02:48:47 PST 2014

On 01/07/2014 10:01 AM, Atte wrote:
> On 01/04/2014 01:17 PM, Atte wrote:
>> On 01/03/2014 10:47 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>>> Undo only applies to things that alter the timeline in some way.
>>
>> I'm sorry to hear you disagree, let's leave it here then...
>>
>> Regards
>
> One final comment, not that it changes anything, just to show that I'm
> not alone: the two other daws I worked with, renoise and reaper, both
> have undo on fader movements...

i guess paul's comment wasn't to deny the utility of a way to step
backwards through some mixer history, merely to point out that
conceptually, it's a whole different thing.

like you, i would like to see "undo" on faders or send levels, but i'm
with paul that it should be orthogonal to editor undo, and (if it ever
gets implemented) it should operate on a different history stack.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net