[Ardour-Users] ardour3, netjack, bandwidth, xruns

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 08:57:37 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM, David Santamauro
<david.santamauro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to use windows orchestral VSTi(s) whose required 'dongle' is on a
> windows machine.
>
>   ardour3:midi-track-1 => slave:midi-input-1
>   slave:audio-out-1    => ardour3:audio-track-in-1
>   slave:audio-out-2    => ardour3:audio-track-in-2
>
> Pretty simple, actually, but I'd like 48 channels of audio to come back from
> the slave.

I've tried using netjack for exactly this same purpose but had issues
on the Windows side and could never get it to work reliably. I use
QMidiNet -> ipMIDI and get back audio via the hardware instead (either
analog, SPDIF, ADAT, etc). Of course, your Windows machine needs good
audio hardware also, and you are limited in how many tracks you can
record, of course, so usually I do multiple passes.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com