[Ardour-Users] Ardour and Freesound

Bruno Ruviaro bruviaro at scu.edu
Wed Jan 29 19:03:44 PST 2014

Is it possible to search for PD-only (Public Domain) sounds from within the
Ardour Freesound search tab? Or more generally, can we filter sounds by
license in some way?

This question came to me after a thread in the Linux Audio Users mailing
list (http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lau/2014/1/28/204015) that talked
about attribution of CC-licensed sounds from freesound. As I think it
happened with the original poster there, it is pretty easy for a user to
forget to check what the license is, and thus forget to attribute when
needed. Not Ardour's fault, of course, but interesting to note that this is
likely to happen in this context.

Bruno