[Ardour-Users] Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed. No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature.

ChaosEsque Team chaosesqueteam at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 15:23:07 PST 2014

Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed. No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature.

Nowadays, in this here day and age, the way you connect guitar amplifiers (even cheap ones like peavy vip 1 (and yea I spelt peavy wrong, hope you notice)) is by a USB cable. The way you connect microphones are by  a USB cable. So on and so forth.

This is the truth.

What is needed is support for simultaniously recording from these multiple "soundcards" at once.
And no PCM_MULTI with alsa does not cut it. Multi-input (AKA multi track recording which, No, in this day and age you do not support because things changed and now everything is a sound card) recording is needed so later one can adjust the levels of the recording and fix the mix.

No it is NOT dumb to want or have this feature. Please spare the "well duh cloks will drift away bla bla bla and thusly this is a terrible idea (because we don't support multiple inputs silmultaniously, thusly I gotta find away to justify why you're dummb for wanting that or needing it). No a 1k firewire device isn't the answer either (unless you have a mac).

No I am not dummmb for wanting this nor is anyone else since 2007.

Please, a solution. And if jack or whatever can't do it connect the the sources directly please.