[Ardour-Users] Ardour3 video and stop motion animation

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 07:36:22 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Carlo Ascani <carlo.ratm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Carlo Ascani <carlo.ratm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am going to make my first stop motion animatin using LEGO tm.
>>>
>>> Could you guys suggest Ardour3 as the video/audio editor
>>> to realize it ?
>>> I need to sync audio and video at frame level.
>>>

>>> (I am using Ardour2 for years, never used xjadeo)
>>
>> A3 is perfect for this. I wrote a score for a stop-motion film last
>> year using A3, using a well-timed animatic. I'd used jadeo +
>> rosegarden for these kinds of jobs previously, but having it all
>> integrated into A3 is ideal.
>
> Thank you guys!
>
> Could you please point me to some documentation or resources to learn basics
> of Ardour video?
>
> FIY: my name is Carlo, not Carlos ;)

There is documentation in the Ardour manual:

http://manual.ardour.org/video-timeline/

Keep in mind that A3 does not provide video editing capabiltiies, you
will still need a video NLE like kdenlive, Blender, LightWorks, etc.,
to do the video editing. Once you have the video portion done, after
you export a render from your video NLE, you can import that into A3
and setup a video timeline to start working on SFX and music.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com