[Ardour-Users] vinyl-sampling and mastering

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Feb 14 10:40:01 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-14 at 13:18 -0500, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:44:44 +0100,
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote :
>
> > I prefer the aged vinyl, ...
>
> Do they get better with time, like (some) wines, cheeses, and Chinese
> pu'erh teas? :)  Could be, who knows, vinyl's structure is modified
> through time.

Sound quality becomes less good with times, but you still can play them.
Records are beings, CDs are zombies. Could a 40 years old boxer win a
fight against a 20 years old boxer? No, but the older person anyway
might be more interesting. I don't claim that my point of view is the
best, it at least is a point of view. I suspect that the CD generation
often has got no point of view, hopefully I'm mistaken.