[Ardour-Users] vinyl-sampling and mastering

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 06:55:37 PST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Jörn Nettingsmeier <
nettings at stackingdwarves.net> wrote:

> On 02/14/2014 03:01 PM, Guido Budack wrote:
>
>> thanks to all...
>>

> that said, has anyone here ever tried to run iZotope in Wine? i would buy
> it, if i could use it without too much pain. oh, and running a netjacked
> headless windows machine in the closet definitely qualifies as "too much
> pain". :)

Yes, sadly while Izotope itself works fine in Wine, the copyright
authorization process doesn't generate a Machine ID to authorize, so you
can never authorize it.

My WareARTs plugins work fine with FST/Wine though, so at least I have
something on Linux;)

   Seablade