[Ardour-Users] JACK-Routing

Steve the Fiddle stevethefiddle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 03:46:30 PST 2014

On 10 February 2014 10:29, Damien Delpiroux <xzurukneg at free.fr> wrote:
> Le 10/02/2014 09:12, Guido Budack a écrit :
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> That seem to be a monitoring configuration problem.
> Ardour let you ear all "IN" only if you ask him. (because we aften prefer do
> that directly any hardware)
>
> So check EDIT>preferences>audio, monitoring section.
>
> Hope that help you ;D
>
> Tips: if you use ardour, do every conexion with it (window>audio connexions)
> Be careful, sometime certain soft auto connect to jack output. To check
> that, use Qjackctl (or other catia, etc..).

... but don't use QjackCtl for connecting Audacity.
The correct way to connect Audacity is to use the device toolbar.

If you need to connect Audacity to a device or application that was
added after Audacity was started you will need to "Rescan Audio
Devices" (near the bottom of the Transport menu), then the new device
or application will be available for selection in the Device Toolbar.

Steve