[Ardour-Users] Added offset when recording

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 17:16:30 PDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 8:12 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com
<jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 19:50:30 -0400,
> "jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote :
>
>>   I"m trying to record a track now and it records correctly but, when
>> the stop buttin is pressed, the track is put somewhere further and not
>> at the beginning EVEN THOUGH (sorry for emphasis :) the
>> back-to-beginning-button was pressed.  This is 3.5.380.  When
>> recording starts, it starts at the beginning where the cursor is, but
>> when stop is clicked, the resulting track jumps a bit further down
>> the line. Annoying. Annoying especially since I tried to drag it at
>> the beginning and could not find the 'magic combination' to do so.
>> Simply dragging with the mouse won't do.
>
> I've erased the directory, restarted again, and it still does it.  Now
> I'm pissed.  Really.
>
> A bit of a problem/tweaking is of course OK, but now the software
> stubbornly offset the tracks so that they do not begin at the
> legitimate beginning.

The region actually moves after you stop recording? I've never seen
that behavior in A2 or A3, and I use it almost daily. Can you post a
screencapture of this behavior? Do you maybe have your grid snap set
to bars and you're trying to move it to a specific beat within a bar
and you can't?

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com