[Ardour-Users] 3.4 Meterbridge infinite loop

John Rigg au2 at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 07:41:56 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 03:17:39PM +0100, John Rigg wrote:
> If I enable the Meterbridge in the Window menu in 3.4-102-gbea5434
> it appears in the upper left corner of the screen, but it flickers
> rapidly between two different window sizes and several views. It
> looks like it's in an infinite loop.
>
> Before I report it on Mantis, has anyone else experienced this?
> I had to compile 3.4 using system libs, as my slow internet connection
> makes it very difficult to download all the recommended libraries.
>
> This is on a Debian 7.1 amd64 system, which uses libgtk2 version 2.24.10.

Further info. It appears to behave correctly if I open a session with 3 or
more tracks in addition to the master bus. Opening a session with fewer
tracks triggers the behaviour. Removing tracks from a larger session also
triggers it (or sometimes just shows a blank Meterbridge window) as soon as
the track count gets below three.

John