[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.5 "your selected audio configuration is playback or capture only"

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sat Nov 23 10:14:49 PST 2013

On 11/23/2013 06:29 PM, Wendy Van Wynsberghe wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have been running Ardour for a while now and I have just installed 3.5
> (not 3.5.74, because my subscription just ran out and I don't have Paypall)
>
> All of a sudden, my sessions do not even want to start.
> Here are some screenshots of the error messages:
> http://capacitor.constantvzw.org/Ardour/
>
> I use:
> - Linux Mint Maya lts
> - Lenovo Thinkpad edge
> - no special external soundcards etc..
>
> Very strange - 3.1 worked fine - 3.5 does not even want to start!

this might indicate your jackd has crashed in weird ways. is the problem
reproducible? try killall -KILL jackd, and try running qjackctl or jackd
from command line rather than starting jack from within ardour - that
way, it's easier to follow jackd error messages.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net