[Ardour-Users] A3 and kx-studio.

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed May 15 06:11:16 PDT 2013

Don't assume that the version packaged by the distro is identical to what
is distributed on Ardour's website.  Both can be the full verison, by
distro packaging is free to change anything before they compile it, which
based off the package name in kxstudio I would bet is what happened.  The
Binary form Ardour.org is what is being supported, so if you are
experiencing problems, check it with the binary from the website and see if
the problems exist there.  If they do then report them as bugs.  But
sometimes they won't, because of packaging changes.

Now I use KXStudio a lot, so don't get me wrong, I like it and generally
falktx does a great job with packaging, but I will say that distro
packaging causes a number of problems on occasion so that is why I mention
the above.

      Seablade