[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 - xruns and segfaults
nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Mar 27 06:57:24 PDT 2013
On 03/27/2013 02:11 PM, Christian Weikusat wrote:
> My setup:
> Debian wheezy
> M-Audio Audiophile 24/96
> jack2 (1.9.8~dfsg.4+20120529git007cdc37-5)
> Jack settings (qjackctl):
> Frames/Second: 256
> 48 kHz
> Periods: 4
> (latency 21.3 ms)
just a shot in the dark: i'm surprised to see 4 buffers per period -
does this setting really make sense with the m-audio card?
the only place where i've found period sizes < 3 useful so far were
recalcitrant firewire devices.
my first suggestion would be to lower -n to 2 and increase -p to 1024.
this will provide you with the same latency you are currently working
with, but at much lower CPU overhead (fewer context switches).
fwiw, i've been using ardour3 in production since late 2011 (yeah, don't
buy used cars from me), and while i did see a very slight increase in
cpu load and some outliers with a few "bad" commits here and there,
overall ardour has become much more responsive, and the new multi-core
scalability has more than compensated for any additional cpu hunger.
just to put things in perspective, and to let you know that very likely
this issue can be resolved...
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487
Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio)
More information about the Ardour-Users