[Ardour-Users] cannot import MIDI files (Ardour 3)

Orm Finnendahl o.finnendahl at inm.mh-freiburg.de
Fri Mar 15 01:04:46 PDT 2013

Hi Paul,

 I had the same issue yesterday and resolved it by renaming. As a
note: On my machine, all midi Files use the ".midi" extension as this
was in widespread use in times of Mac OS9. Probably should be a reason
for me to change now and to prove to myself that I'm not too old to
learn new tricks, but that would also imply changing the sources of
common music and some other software packages which use "midi" as the
standard extension for exporting.

And I always thought I'd get around the MS-DOS limitations for file
names one day ;-)

--
Orm