[Ardour-Users] cannot import MIDI files (Ardour 3)

Federico Bruni fedelogy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:43:01 PDT 2013

Il 15/03/2013 00:19, Paul Davis ha scritto:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Federico Bruni <fedelogy at gmail.com
> <mailto:fedelogy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm running Ardour 3 (just compiled from git repository) on Linux.
>
>     I've added a MIDI track, right-clicked on it and selected "Add
>     existing media". Even if the directory contains .midi files, they
>     are not showed up until I select "all files".
>

> ".mid" or ",MID" is the conventional extension for MIDI files. The
> filter ardour uses looks only for (case-insensitive) matches with that.

Yes, if I rename the file as .mid it shows up.

Could you please add .midi to the filter?
I'm using MIDI files generated by LilyPond, which uses .midi as default
file extension (at least on Linux). Renaming each midi (every time)
would be a pain.

>     Then if I select a midi file Ardour complains that:
>     "One or more of the selected files cannot be used by Ardour"
>

> a screenshot of the import dialog when this happens would be a good idea.

Find it attached.

I have problem also with the .mid file: it's been imported but I see
this error in the log window:
[WARNING]: Track 1 of /tmp/test.mid contained no usable MIDI data

If I try to play it, no sound.
Should I set something in JACK?

--
Federico