[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.2 release - Video comes to Ardour!

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:07:02 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Wayne <wayne at in-giro.org> wrote:

> **
>
>     i can add that we recorded and mixed a full album/suite with A3 using
> audio and MIDI during the alpha/beta stages.  also, most of the tracks were
> started as A2 sessions+Rosegarden and successfully converted to A3
> sessions.  while there were some expected hickups with A3, particularly
> with MIDI during the alpha releases, i can say it has been pretty rock
> solid recently, especially for pure A3 sessions (no imported MIDI from RG
> or A2 session files).

I was a pretty loyal Rosegarden user for quite a few years but now use
Ardour3 MIDI for everything, it's a lot more flexible in terms of its
workflow. Rosegarden's handling of CCs was pretty awful, too, Ardour3's is
fantastic and mirrors the automation for audio tracks in terms of
functionality. The main thing missing now is tempo ramping but I understand
that is being planned.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it