[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.2 release - Video comes to Ardour!

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Jun 14 09:04:50 PDT 2013

On 14 June 2013 at 10:00, Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 07:22:10 -0400
> Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
> > Über-developer Robin Gareus has worked for a couple of years to add video
> > support to Ardour, and with this release, we are pleased to finally enable
> > it. In addition there are a couple of new features (including the ability
> > to chain MIDI processing plugins) and the usual assorted list of bug fixes.
>
> Fantastic!  Cheers to Robin, I know this is going to be huge.  Thanks to all
> on the Ardour team that make my studio run pretty damn smoothly these days!

Joe, are you using Ardour 3 in your smooth running days?  I'm
about to make the jump from 2 to 3, at least as an experiment,
and want to know what I'll experience.  My use is strictly audio,
no MIDI nor video yet.  I record, then mix with plug-ins and some
automation.

Is Ardour 3 recommended over Ardour 2 yet?

Thanks....

--
Kevin