[Ardour-Users] big problem - disappearance of region

Delpishtroumph xzurukneg at free.fr
Tue Jul 2 14:39:40 PDT 2013

Hi all.

I just want to testify my big problem. By chance, that was not a
professional recording!

I have reproduce the problem of disappearance of region.
Using hybridreveb2 and calf LV2 plugging.
After (dis)appears one time (when changing zoom), I decide to remake the
record.
I've open a new session and rename it, to test the possibility of backup.
(I don't know if there is a link but at the end, after trying .backup
file,  ardour3 see tree session, with same name and location. cf
screenshot.)

Anyway, I did my record and make many snapshot to prevent the problem.
After re-open the session, no more drum and bass regions.
Try all snapshot did same result, as using .bak file.  :-[

I really don't understand how wave file can go away???
Their was not in the folder, not in dead sound, interchange, etc..
disappeared!

Ok, I'll all redo tomorrow, but, I will use a backup method: insted of
snapshots, I'll make periodic .tar archive of all the session, to
prevent file deleting!

I know, I'm not a good bug reporter, but does anybody knows already that?
I yes I would like to knows how to have very important information like
this.

After all, I'm very lucky to not experience this (with biggest setup)
for the album that I've just finish last week! o_O!