[Ardour-Users] Ardour2.8.16 strange behaviour with WAVE-64 session

John Rigg au2 at jrigg.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 13:44:18 PDT 2013

I recorded a session in 2.8.16 recently that needed to run
continuously for 8 hours, so the file format was set to WAVE-64.
On editing the resulting track I split a short section out of the
middle and exported it. After that the playhead refused to move
when hitting the space bar, clicking on the Play button, or trying
to drag it with the mouse. A warning appeared in the Ardour log
window:

[WARNING]: Illegal value loaded for NGARDOUR11SlaveSourceE
(31515344) - None used instead

Any ideas what this refers to? The problem cleared after shutting
down Ardour and starting it again, and so far I've been unable to
trigger it again. System is Debian 7.0 amd64.

John