[Ardour-Users] A3 playhead rolls automatically

John Rigg au2 at jrigg.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 11:39:27 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 02:08:52PM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM, John Rigg wrote:
> >> You have autoplay turned on. I believe it's under the 'Transport' menu
> >> to turn it off.
> >
> > Thanks, that was it :-)
> >
> > I typed 5 when trying to enter it in a text field without noticing the
> > mouse had moved away from the text. This behaviour makes it a lot more
> > awkward to enter text than it is in Ardour 2, and I've unintentionally
> > activated several features so far after a small knock of the mouse
> > renders the text field inactive. Is this a bug or a feature?
>
> I did the exact same thing last weekend with autoplay. :-) Maybe the
> default key should be ctrl-5 or something, it's too easy to turn it on
> otherwise :-)

I just worked out that if the text field is highlighted by swiping it
with the mouse it stays active as long as the mouse is close to the field.
This actually makes the text entry more usable, but it's still easy to make
mistakes.

This is the first real recording I've tried doing with A3 as opposed to
just testing. I was beginning to wonder if it was a mistake, due to settings
apparently changing themselves at random, but it was due to me typing into
what I thought was an active text field :-)

John