[Ardour-Users] A3 playhead rolls automatically

John Rigg au2 at jrigg.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 11:18:16 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 01:46:05PM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM, John Rigg wrote:
>
> > I've just run into a problem with Ardour 3 after working for
> > several days on a complicated recording session. The playhead has
> > suddenly stopped staying still when it's located to a marker or the
> > session start using P, Home or Return. It moves to the intended location
> > but immediately starts rolling.
> >
> > I've tried shutting down and restarting A3 but there's no difference.
> > Can anyone tell me how to restore the playhead behaviour to the default
> > and make it stay still until I tell it to roll?
>
> You have autoplay turned on. I believe it's under the 'Transport' menu
> to turn it off.

Thanks, that was it :-)

I typed 5 when trying to enter it in a text field without noticing the
mouse had moved away from the text. This behaviour makes it a lot more
awkward to enter text than it is in Ardour 2, and I've unintentionally
activated several features so far after a small knock of the mouse
renders the text field inactive. Is this a bug or a feature?

John