[Ardour-Users] A3: Silence and session load weirdness after re-open

Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller axel-mueller-74 at web.de
Wed Apr 24 09:09:48 PDT 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:28:32 -0400
Thomas Vecchione <seablaede at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> wrote:
>
> > My point was, that feedback loops can be created on purpose and if you
> > have created one -- however you've achieved it -- for a particular effect,
> > you don't want audio to be disabled, at any point.
> >

> Personally I am still struggling to think of a case that I would prefer to
> create a feedback loop than to simulate the effect a different way(Maybe
> not possible with current plugins on Linux), but that is neither here nor
> there.

I did this several times - for example using a filter after a delay and
then a feedback loop (instead of the delay's own feedback) so that each
repetition of the delay is degraded a little more. In the case of Q's
session it obviously was a delay and a reverb that interacted in a
similar way.

IMHO it would be a real pity if such effect chains wouldn't be possible
in A3 anymore.

Plus... I can't remember that I ever created a potentialy harmful
feedback in A2 by accident. It might be nice to have it as a safety
net, but only as long as it is implemented in a way that it doesn't
hinder such kinds of workflow.