[Ardour-Users] Payment and updates

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Apr 9 03:38:59 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 07:26:16PM +0900, michael noble wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Christian Weikusat <
> > christian at shamanbenefit.net> wrote:
> >

> > > So the big question is: Will there actually be any upgrades for 3.0?
> > >

> > A new release, 3.1, came out today, after only about a month of 3.0 being
> > out. I can only assume the answer to your question is "yes."
>
> I guess Christian's point is that 3.1 isn't, by any usual definition,
> part of the 3.0 series. So is it actually the 3.x series the message
> about free upgrades should be referring to?

3.1 *is* part of the 3.x series.

If you paid for 3.0, you get all 3.x releases without being asked to pay
again. The download page tries to describe this in terms that I thought
were easy to understand.

If you subscribe, you get all releases that come out during your
subscription without being asked to pay for them. So if 4.0 comes out as
well, that is covered too.

--p